Cannot connect to mycloudhome - while abroad

Have set up my cloud home just fine, and remotely accessed it while in the same country without any problem. I’m abroad now and I keep getting the error message “cannot connect to my cloud home”, and telling me to reboot the device - which is a bit difficult as I’m in another country. The power must be fine as I have a webcam working off the same power source, and there’s no problems with this. It’s not a firewall issue with my broadband supplier abroad - I’ve checked that. Also, Dropbox is behaving just fine. Any thoughts?

I’m not an expert so these are just thoughts :frowning: but I have used WD devices for years and I travel a lot. You haven’t provided much detail in terms of devices or OS so the following is guesswork: Firstly, I’m not sure that simply because your camera and Dropbox is accessible that this is very meaningful. I have dozens of IP devices at home and I notice that in some hotels and using some WiFi’s some devices are accessible on the same network and some are not (I have always assumed that’s a port issue). Secondly, how are you connecting: via an App, Browser (what type?) or Laptop/tablet etc? Again, I notice that in some locations the access method (browser vs App) will yield different results. Finally, I moved my broadband to a fixed IP and that appeared to resolve many of the issues I had previously (not that this helps you right now I know)