Cannot connect to mycloud.com

Same problem for me
Login from three different devices and it gets as far as idp.mycloud.com
“This page isn’t working. idp.mycloud.com is currently unable to handle this request”

My Cloud Status shows ‘up and running’ for all areas.

1 Like

Same problem for me too
I tried to connect from 3 different locations :confused:

Now its showing :

Error

The server encountered an unexpected error which prevented it from completing your request. Please close this window and start the sign in process again.

4 Likes

Same here, however I can access it via my mycoud app on my phone and was just able to email a link to a document I want, so the service is running, you just can’t log in via the web.

Same for me, Central Europe, all that started yesterday. Checked all settings on the Mac as thoroughly as I could as a simple user (do not know much about networking), I even allowed the pop up blocker to make an exception on theMycloud log-in page, but without success. Already found out that people had similar problems because they typed “http” instead of “https”, but that didn’t bring about any glimpse of success.
Inside my local network it’s no problem, all files are displayed on finder and on the desktop, what also works relatively well is using a the MyCloud app on iPhone. But access via (any) internet browser on a MacBook ends up in a white screen with the same problems as described by those who have written the other posts above. Seems to me that my Mycloud (ex2ultra) has become allergic to all kinds of web browsers. But no new firmware has been downloaded. I even checked the router settings about 10 times, but they worked out fine before, so why should I change them.
Anybody who knows how to solve this…? Thanks a lot in advance

Same problem here. It happened exactly one month ago. Now it is recurring exactly like one month ago.

WD, if you are reading this, please remember we may have clients to send files to for business, and this problem is disrupting our business.

Alessandro

What did they do last month to resolve it?

I use mine for client files too, so it’s becoming a real pain now.

Kev

I believe they just restarted their server which was obviously overloaded. You can see the issue explained (very briefly) here:

http://status.mycloud.com/os3

WD claims the problem only occurred in China, but it actually involved users worldwide.

update: problems occur both under windows and Mac OS Catalina beta 6.
Yesterday I also tried the WD access app (I think it was).But it didn’t seem useful for anything I use the MyCloud fo, so I deleted it again. Maybe this is important information, I do not know. Even when trying to access via mycloudex2ultra.local (->settings), I had problems for a while to log on - but I must also add that this occurred after I had tried to update Clam AV settings. (But anyway, it is a normal thing to update one’s AV settings, so that procedure should not represent a problem actually. What was strange, was that I could still login once during that very process, but I couldn’t hit any buttons any more. Now I can log in again to my settings. That’s all for now, all I can add about my personal case. Good luck to all, especially to those who run businesses.

To clarify, there is nothing wrong with setups on your machines.

Mycloud.com is a web service you can use whether your server has correctly opened ports for HTTP/FTP connections or not.

The problem you are describing is on Western Digital’s side, not yours.

It happened last month and WD solved it without telling users what had happened exactly. My feeling is that their servers were either overloaded or hacked.

1 Like

Ah, thank you, I already supposed that too, opera browser showed error codes 500 to 504, I think they can stand for sth like that

Guessing WD tech is based out of California so hopefully in a few hours they’ll wake up and have it sorted.

Same problem here in central Germany.

→ error 404

I thought this was me having a network issue or something. I’ve rebooted everything, everything looks fine but cannot access anything. I get a log on with a drop down with nothing in it. Only just managed to access the info for mine online but as for dashboard etc… nope.
Hope it gets sorted quickly. Much like everyone else, I got photos and stories on there I need access to.

i am having the same issue accessing mycloud as the others. i have tried accessing through chrome, FF and IE. i can access my device via the Admin login but not as an end user through the mycloud site. i can access mycloud through my iPhone app but not through any browser. i have rebooted everything. after clicking on Sign-In link i get
" Error

The server encountered an unexpected error which prevented it from completing your request. Please close this window and start the sign in process again."

1 Like

I am also having this error.

1 Like

(Ah nice, if the server’s down they might perhaps be working on it, installing nice little patches…)

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. This is the error message:

"The server encountered an unexpected error which prevented it from completing your request. Please close this window and start the sign in process again. "

1 Like

I am in the states and it started yesterday for me. I called them yesterday and was told they were doing maintenance. Tried to call today and got a recording they were closed (USA holiday today).

1 Like

i find it unbelievable that a company like WD have not got a tech on call. Surely there must be someone who can sort it! For it to go on this long is bonkers!

2 Likes

I’m also having the same issue…

. I can’t access my files… I’m located in the lower end of Texas. If anyone gets a hold of the support staff and obtain a solution, please let us know. From my understanding, they (support staff) were off for the holidays…