Cannot connect to My Cloud

Hi,

I’m having trouble to connect to my cloud through MyCloud Home mobile app and webapp through browser. However, I can still access the files on MyCloud through my Mac. I’ve tried several suggested methods on WD website, including restarting, power cycle and set google as dns. None of these works. Can you please kindly advise a solution?

Cheers,

Tim

1 Like

Hi timzhangau,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en
The link below will allow you to call support.

So I’m not the only one then. This only started happening to me too.
@timzhangau is the led light on your mycloud home pulsing?

Another sighting of the same issue within the last week with the latest update. This is from JB HIFI in Australia on their site. So this is an occurring issue with other people too then.

hi,
i have the same issue.
i can access all the data through windows explorer like a upnp drive, but the “my cloud” apps and online say the drive is offline or something.
the light on the front of the drive is a slow pulse.
i have tried everything except for reset.
it must have updated overnight to cause this issue.
does WD have a resolution to this issue yet?
thanks

1 Like

update on my end.
Same thing was happening, so I tried restarting my plex server from the mobile app and surprise surprise … plex does not work anymore.
So I backed up everything to a couple of Portable drives to perform a reset, which i did… And now… The device has a fast pulsing light… which means: It doesn’t recognise a connection at all now.

Great… So it’s almost a brick now…
Figuratively, and literally.

Ditto here. I can access files via file explorer, but nothing via the My Cloud software. Their call center support team opens in 4 minutes. I have little inclination moving 800gb onto separate harddrives in order to do an update.

I have the My Cloud Home 4gb version. Currently getting the “slow breath” front lite. Tried a quick reset (1-29 seconds), with no luck.

Oh, only two minutes until Customer Support opens. Might be the case of waiting for a new fix to be released. So annoying.

Update:

I’ve had a chat to support, he has to escalate my query to a “level 3” technician". He will be sending me an email where I need to provide them the logs. It will then take them 2 business days to respond :frowning:

I’ll keep you all posted.

Update 2:

The technician never emailed me. Now I’m on hold (12 minutes and counting) to re-engage the conversion :rage:

Update 3:
Got back a hold of WD support and the guy was good. He emailed me right away and I have replied back with all the logs for WD Discovery and My Cloud Home.

Now I wait.

ive just gone back and exchanged mine for a new one.

1 Like

I gave up waiting. Transferred all my data onto unused HDD space within my PC, undertook a complete reset which meant it took hours to delete all the data, now I am transferring everything back. Seems to be working fine. I can’t remember if I’m not on the most recent firmware version. Looks like I am…

1 Like

@Benlav When doing a full reset, was there a blinking light on the front?

@dashdan
yeah, I got this email. I didnt’ get it soon enough, so I tried resetting it again and it kept blinking. Then I saw the email. As I had powered it down after I first reset it, I wasn’t sure if it would work. So I reset it again (the 60 second job) and left it overnight. Was a solid light in the morning. All good and working now :+1:

Hi,

Your device, began erasing all data and users. As part of this process:
You will be signed out of your My Cloud Home account.
Your device will restart followed by a series of pulsing lights.
Once the light is steady, sign in and connect to your device.
The entire process could take up to 30 minutes. For more information click here.

Thanks,
The My Cloud Team

1 Like

I have the same problem. I do not have another drive to move data to reset the device.

You guys are doing better than me. Ive got mine all plugged in. My account all setup. Got the email confirmation that I’m good with link to start. And when I use the link I get an error that the owner needs to approve me??? Does this mean my drive is used???

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=20570&s=

Hi guys, I have got the same problem too.
I have tried all the suggestions, but LED still kept blinking.

Really don’t want to reset it, but is it the only solution right now?

Hi,

Just found this thread, which is exactly the issue that I am having.

My 3TB drive is fine when I enter the ip address 192.168.0.etc.
The blue light on the unit is constant.

My apple apps are fine, and can access the drive even when away from home.

But when I try and access my drive away from home (on my laptop for example), I get the message no devices connected.
Even the windows app is the same.

I have contacted support, sent the logs and everything, but apparently I need to use google dns, which I cant because ive got a sky sr102 router, and cant get google dns, and no other routers will be able to work with sky.

I see others have tried google dns, and its made no difference

any ideas?

similar issue. using android or iOS can only find files nd folders from my old OS3 device. can access newer files on my PCs, windows 10. tried chat help, no luck. was referred to more advanced tech help. This guy didn’t know anything about issue. at least i think so since his accent was too heavy for me understand. after many hours of frustrating searching on my own have concluded western digital is a really awful company that does not care about their customers. getting ready to buy a new custom pc. was going to buy WD drives. wont make that mistake.

This is a 6 year old thread and if you have a OS3 then you don’t have a My Cloud Home (MCH) and you are in the wrong device subforum where users won’t know very much about your device or your problems.

If you are trying to use the OS3 Android and iOS app to access the My Cloud Home then that won’t work either.