Cannot connect to Mac OS 10.8.3 with WDTV live HD, please help!

Hi guys really need help…from the day I bought this i have not manage to connect to the network via a wireless dongle I bought from netgear.

The wireless dongle works fine as I can use to play PANDORA radio even though it comes only with ethernet connection.

So, I have trying very hard to connect to mac but I have no luck on it.

Advice will be great …step by step will be helpful as I am quite a newbie in networking…thanks heaps in advance!

I have my WD live connected via ethernet to my router and my Mac is wireless. works perfectly when i goto Network on my MAC. You may want to check your router settings and maybe set the WD into the DMZ list

Xtreme56 wrote:

You may want to check your router settings and maybe set the WD into the DMZ list

BAD ADVICE!

Putting a device in (most) router’s DMZ list makes it freely accessible with no restrictions from the internet.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

BAD ADVICE!

Putting a device in (most) router’s DMZ list makes it freely accessible with no restrictions from the internet.

And doesn’t make much sense anyways. Why would you want your HUB on a different subnet than your home computer?  (Yes, I am sure there are some folks here with complex setups and multiple subnets that might do that, but not for most home users…)

If you search the board, there are a lot of good posts on troubleshooting connection issues, some specific to Macs.

Good Luck

-P