Cannot boot after firmware update

I need help!

I have tried contacting wd support… so I am stuck so can someone please help.

The problem is this. I was told by wd support todo a firmware update after that my wdliv tv hub is freezing on boot logo. And nothing happens, it’s dead. If I try to reset it by pressing the hole under the box, nothings happens.

So I am woundering if I replace the hard drive will I get it to work. Is the firmware stored on the hard drive or is it stored on the memory in the wd.

Hope someone can help me out since wd support is also dead!.

Sorry, this is not much help… but did you press and hold the “Reset” under the Hub for about 5 seconds until it’s supposed “Reset/Reboot” ?

I read on here somewhere that someone else had a similar problem. Seems to me he placed the 2.07.17 ROLLBACK files on an external hard drive and somehow got the Hub to rollback the firmware. If I can find that thread I’ll come back and edit this post…

EDIT:

Ok, this is the thread…not the same problem, sorry :frowning:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/Hub-won-t-update-frozen-at-quot-Updating-firmware-quot-screen-0/m-p/184956#M9799

Just wanna tell everyone I am now a very happy wd live hub owner since I did try this rollback. And that did work so now

I can watch my favorite movies again.

alphadec wrote:

Just wanna tell everyone I am now a very happy wd live hub owner since I did try this rollback. And that did work so now

I can watch my favorite movies again.

WOOT YEEHAW and HAW DILLY!!!

yes almost did’nt belive me eyes! when I did see it just installed the rollback and it all started working again after all the problems I have had.