Cannot access Public share anymore, can access other shares, ideas?

I’m not able to access the Public folder from any of my windows device, it says you do not have permission. I have been accessing that folder in the past with no problems. I even have regular phone backups going to a location there which is now not accessible. Even when I use FTP - Filezilla it only shows other folders but not Public. I have tried the ideas I came across the forums, but did not resolve. Is there a way to transfer data to different folder?

Have you recently created and accessed a private share on that same server? I don’t know about other operating systems, but the Windows implementation of SMB restricts a user to one set of network credentials when accessing a NAS. A single user may access a public share or any number of private shares that use the same credentials but not both on the same NAS.

I’m sure there is some technical reason for this restriction but it makes no sense to me.

I have access to web UI. Is there a way to move the data to a different folder from there? Or maybe change the permission level?