Cannot access MyCloud Home from another PC

Hi, all. I have recently installed and configured My Cloud Home 4 Tb storage device on my Asus laptop. Now it’s broken and after installation of wd mu cloud home pc software on other laptop, my disk is simply invisible in this program. I can see it in Network via Windows Explorer (public folder) but not in WD software.

So this is the issue. I can not access my storage via new laptop unless i use web-face or android app. But, when using web-face while transferring about 100 gig of photos Chrome just crashes and everything stops obsiously. Are there any options to access my storage via laptop with installed WD software on it? I dont wanna reset disk as i suppose everything will be erased on it.

@bobbyborsch did you install WD Discovery for Windows? http://downloads.wdc.com/wdapp/Install_WD_Discovery_for_Windows.zip
Possibly Windows Firewall or OEM Anti Virus, Internet Security or End Point Protection software blocking communications.

Yes, I’ve installed that program. But have not tried to turn off windows firewall.

Will write soon

I have installed the soft from your link, turned off both windows firewall and AV program, rebooted laptop, but nothing helped. I see WD Discovery main window, with blocked “Import” button and no My Cloud Home device available in the table.

Connection is via wifi in the same network

You said you can see Home under Network in Windows. It is in there where you access it. Open the Home from FE by clicking on it.

Under network in Windows I can see only “Public” folder, nothing more

So open Public folder. That is the default place all data WD and you added is stored.

Mike, I’m sorry but no. This folder is empty, however my WD Cloud Home has about 1TB of files.
In WD Discovery while all security settings of my router are off, windows firewall is off, AV software is off, I have empty main window and “import” button is not available.

Can it be somehow binded to its first laptop via which it was configured?

Guys, pls close this topic. The reason is that my system is x86 (32 bit). Opened Wd discovery on 64 bit windows and everything is okay. I’m very sorry :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info. As you discovered, a more “modern” PC is necessary to access modern equipment. Glad you found the problem.