Cannot access MyCloud from external again!

Hi all, I just want to access the data in MyCloud drive from my office, but found it suddenly not accessable.

Therefore, I remote to my home computer and test the connection, everything is fine, my internet is accessable, MyCloud drive is accessable under local LAN.

Seems WD has issue to access MyCloud drive again.

I tested on office PC, as well as my mobile phone, both also failed to access!

I am from Hong Kong, do anyone got the same issue just now?

What are you using to access your my cloud remotely? Have you tried the MyCloud.com web portal?

If you can remote (if using VPN) into your local network have you accessed the My Cloud to see what it indicates the Remote Access status is?

Sometimes a simple turning off waiting a few minutes then turning back on the Remote Access option on the My Cloud Dashboard is enough to fix certain remote access issues.

Yes, my remote access is down today. I suspect it’s something to do with WD’s server migration, and I’m hoping that when I get home and toggle the cloud access control, remote access will be restored.

https://community.wd.com/t/my-cloud-data-center-migration-notice-9-14-16/178100/2

It’s a pretty poor show, though; IMHO, connections should have been restored after the migration. Users who don’t use this forum would have no forewarning that the service was migrating, since there was no email notification. And, given the number of obsolete sticky notification threads, even forum users would be forgiven for missing the notification.

I note that WD are able to do bulk marketing emailshots, but bulk service emailshots don’t seem a priority.

[quote=“cpt_paranoia, post:3, topic:178676, full:true”]
Yes, my remote access is down today. I suspect it’s something to do with WD’s server migration, and I’m hoping that when I get home and toggle the cloud access control, remote access will be restored.[/quote]
No problems for me right now with remote access to a family member’s My Cloud using MyCloud.com, WD Dashboard and the My Cloud app for Android. YMMV

My mileage obviously varies…

I’m trying via Android app, on different devices. No response. First noticed it last night, which was my first attempt since the migration. I checked that my router hadn’t rebooted, which is the usual cause of the problem.

Did you check the status page?

http://status.mycloud.com

I’ve passed this along to make sure that the service is okay. I will let you know what I find out.

Blocked at work, because it’s associated with cloud storage, even though it’s not cloud storage… (I should have checked via our open wifi network, which is what I was using to try to access; this has no blocks and normally gives me access).

And I’m pretty sure the work was supposed to be done on the 14th and take 3 hours. I don’t expect the service to be up and down so regularly thereafter. Do you? If you do, do you think that’s acceptable?

Hello All,

My Cloud service is up and running.
I have full access to all (12) My Clouds Remote and Local with a mixture of Port Forward and
Relay mode using MyCloud.com and Mobile App v 4.4.7. My Book Live and Duo are also accessible.

Here’s my PR4100

That’s nice. I’m very happy for you.

Cloud access toggle has restored the connection.

But I really shouldn’t have to do that. It’s a good job I could get home and access my device to do that; anyone away from home and relying on cloud access would be stuck.