Cannot access Mycloud drive, attached USB drives, or dashboard

MyCloud firmware: Latest (cant give you the number since I cant access the dashboard but only updated last week)

Ok, so I have my MyCloud drive connected directly to my laptop via ethernet cable, bypassing the router. But, I still have had intermittent use of my drive at best since purchase. Today I cannot access the dashboard, and I cannot connect to the drive or attached USB drives at all. The drive is on with a constant blue light, and the USB drives are also on.

The dashboard was working fine (well, its always sluggish) until I tried to set up a first safepoint, where I selected an attached USB drive to save it to. I left it for a little bit, came back and it was still at 0%. There is not a massive amount of data on the drive at this point so it should have done more than this. I selected the home screen, went back to the safepoint screen, and then it all started playing up. The drives dissapeared and then the dashboard crashed. Now I cannot access the dashboard at all, and the network drives are completely gone.

I cannot safely turn off the Mycloud drive, I have no idea if it is still creating the safepoint. I have no access to any of the data on any of the drives through it, and restarting the laptop has not helped either. I still have the same issue.

This is the error when it crashed:

•    Unable to retrieve data. Make sure there are no network connectivity issues and try again. (200005)
    •    Unknown error. Retry your last operation. If the error persists, contact WD Support for assistance. (200000)
    •    Your last operation timed out. Make sure there are no network connectivity issues and try again. (200001)
    •    auto_system_updates_form_error
    •    settings_toggle_itunes_service_form_error
    •    settings_media_toggle_dlna_service_form_error
    •    network_lan_configuration_form_error
    •    settings_hdd_standby_time_form_error
    •    diagnostics_tests_form_error
    •    network_workgroup_form_error
    •    settings_toggle_itunes_service_form_error
    •    settings_device_timezone_form_error
    •    settings_device_led_form_error
    •    alert_emails_form_error
    •    post_system_log_timeout
    •    settings_hdd_standby_time_form_error
    •    diagnostics_tests_form_error
    •    ssh_form_error
    •    firmware_info_form_error
    •    settings_remote_access_settings_toggle_form_error
    •    settings_time_machine_form_error
    •    settings_time_machine_form_error
    •    network_ftp_form_error
    •    ssh_form_error
    •    ssh_form_error
    •    safepoint_usb_form_error
    •    settings_device_ntp_form_error
    •    settings_media_toggle_dlna_service_form_error
    •    factory_restore_form_error
    •    alert_emails_form_error
    •    factory_restore_form_error

Tried restarting laptop, same issue:

Wow, no replies? Looks like this might be a return job then.

Contact customer support, the FW appears to be buggy and not sure if there is a one size fits all answer to your question.

Haha buggy isnt the word, its just been one thing after another since I bought it. I was hoping there might be others who have experienced this and could have suggested a few things to try, but obviously not.

As an addition, I turned it all off at the wall last night and at that point the light was flashing white on the Mycloud drive. I have just loaded it up today and the light is constant blue on the drive, but the dashboard is not loading correctly. It recognises the amount of cloud devices and the firmware, but the other squares are just blank. I still cannot connect to the drive.

Cheers for the reply though, appreciated.

And today, I turned it all on and it loaded up ok. Put my laptop to sleep for a bit when I went out, came back and now cannot access the files on the drive at all. It says I am connected but there are no folders there, and I cannot disconnect from it. Of course, the dashboard loads and it seems to think everything is fine.

Between the intermittent problems I have accessing the drive, the fact that private sharing doesnt work because whenever I turn it on and set up the users to access them, no one can access them at all, and the fact that safepoints dont do anything other than cause the dashboard to crash and lose connection to the files, I think im ready to give up. These arent minor issues, these are major faults which affect the basic functionality of this drive.

There are too many faults with this thing and considering the amount of time it has been out, things like this should have been ironed out. It is not fit for purpose, and it does not work as described. Im fed up with this buggy piece of c**p.

I emailed customer support yesterday, however if they suggest replacing it then im just going to return it and get my money back. Im not replacing one buggy drive for another, I have no confidence in this product.