Cannot access MyBookLive suddenly?

It IS physically connected. But I’m getting the message “The network path was not found. This connection has not been restored.” How do I restore it? What’s going on. Please be patient with me. I’m not super computer literate. But I need to access the photos on the drive so that I can save them. Installing new MyBook soon.

Nothing wrong with not being “computer literate”. However, you must be willing to read, research and learn. In case you are not aware, this is a user forum. Forums are places for end-users to assist other end-users.
So…

• Start by reading the manual, there is a troubleshooting section and provide your LED status, which is also mentioned there.

Boy that was rude and unhelpful. You assumed I didn’t read the manual or run troubleshooting. I’m an end user asking for help from other, more experienced end users. Thanks for nothing.

hmm, really? I really do not see the rude and unhelpful part, but oh well.
I did not assume anything, since you did not provide any info of what troubleshooting steps had been taken.
And still, you did not provide the LED status as I requested.
But i see where this is going, it is not my first rodeo :smile: @RodeoMama

Sorry I am not a mind reader, maybe some others are and can help you.

LED status is blue…

From manual…
Power On - Blue - Solid - Displays when you first apply power to the unit.
For other colors see manual.

If it does not get pass that color, you have a bad unit, either enclosure, drive or file corruption. That is assuming you have the ethernet cable (RJ45) plug in.

You have two options:

ADDED:
Blue could also mean standby. But if at boot it does not get pass that, it is not good.
If at any time you also have green, then go to whoever you DCHP server is, which is usually the router for home networks and check the DHCP lease table. If MBL is listed there should be an IP next to it, try to access the dashboard by typing that IP in a browser such as “http://192.168.0.101”. Replace 192.168.0.101 with the IP from the DCHP table.

Thanks. Will work on it.

OK…now that I’ve been able to read what you said and look at the situation, I realize the drive is kaput. At least it turns on. I need to find a way to get the stuff of, if I can.I’m not sure about your last information (the “lease table.” Don’t know what that is. Really, I apologize for my first “rude” response. You’ve been a big help. Thank you.

See Post #6 and its link.

DHCP lease table/DHCP client table/DHCP lease list.
Google is your friend.