Cannot access EX4 remotely

I have Mycloud3TB and it works fine from iphone and laptop within network and remotely (from work or through phone).

However I can only access EX4 from within my network. 

Is remote access enabled for EX4?

I have tried iOS app, WDMycloud, and WDMycloud.com.

What am I missing?  The raid 5 is set up and my PC, laptop, iphone can access files at home (attached to my router).

DJB74 wrote:> Is remote access enabled for EX4?

Is it?  Do you have Cloud Access setup on the EX4.

In the Dashboard, under the Cloud Access tab you should be able to click on the User (ie: admin) and it should say:

Connection Status    Connected (Relay connection established)

Also how are you trying to access the EX4 remotely?  Via a app or through WDMyCloud.com?

If from the MyCloud app, does the EX4 show up and you just can’t access it, or does it not show up at all?

Thanks for the reply.

Dashboard / ADMIN / Cloud Access shows:

Connection Status
Connected (Relay connection established)

Using app (iOS) or Mycloud.com, the EX4 shows up, but times out when trying to see shares.

In the iOS app, how did you add the device?

Did you select Get Code from the dashboard, then add the EX4 manually using the code?  Or did you add it as a local network device?

I am facing similar problem. I can only access EX4 within my home network. I cannot do so with my laptop, iphone and ipad beyond the home network.

My pressent condition:

• Dashboard showing Connection Status - Connected (Relay connection established)
  • Trying to access via an app (EX4 shows up but just can’t access it) and through WDMyCloud.com
  • I tried getting Code from the dashboard and add the EX4 manually using the code in a few attempts, as well as login from WDMyCloud.com

Need your help, as I urgently need to use the cloud feature outside my home network.

See if this gets you anywhere:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/HOW-TO-Troubleshooting-Remote-Connectivity-Issues/m-p/617261#M1130

I am still having these problems.