Original Private Message from Bill_S|WD:

Removed Posts

Community Manager

Bill_S

Community Manager

To: Diatribal
33 minutes ago

Add Bill_S to Friends Ignore Bill_S

Your posts has been removed for violation of WD Communities Usage Guidelines. I appreciated your creativitiy for cussing, but unfortunately after removing 5 of your posts, this will be your only warning. The next post I find of yours that violates community guidelines will be grounds for banning you from the community.

Guideline violated: Be respectful.

• Respect people’s time and attention by asking well-thought-out questions and sharing what you’ve learned so far in your experimentation or prior research.
  • Respect people as individuals by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive.
  • Please do not post any material that is
    1. fraudulent, misleading, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, abusive, violent, threatening, profane, vulgar or obscene,
    2. harasses others, promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any individual or group, promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or age
    3. or otherwise interferes with another party’s use of the WD Community.

Please review the Usage Guidelines below, and be aware that any further such postings will result in you being banned.

Usage Guidelines
http://community.wdc.com/t5/New-to-WD-Community/WD -Community-Usage-Guidelines/td-p/6

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Bill, it is obvious to me that you don’t feel I am entitled to my freedom of speech, especially when it highlights the the shortcomings and disrespect your company shows towards us as its paying customers. Your loyalty to a company that frankly does nothing to resolve the issues of its deserving customers is, in my opinion, sickening.

Am I to understand that you are hypocritical enough not to abide by your own guidelines?

• “Respect people’s time and attention by asking well-thought-out questions and sharing what you’ve learned so far in your experimentation or prior research.”

How have you respected this guideline yourself by deleteing my own very detailed explaination to somebody’s question about whether the WD TV HD can play Blu-ray file structure? I even had another member give me a “+1” remark for the correct information that I had posted, for which you seem to have denied his freedom of expression also even despite him not being in breach of the community guidelines?! Seems a bit suspicious to me?

So really to summarise, we as customers who would normally have the right to the disappointment of WD’s failure to acknowledge or even rectify issues which it states in its product features and specifications, are not entitled to our right to be disappointed?!

Here’s the most blatant of WD’s hypocrisy…

**_"Please do not post any material that is

1. fraudulent, misleading,"_**

What do you consider of WD’s material detailed in their product features on their website and in the product update page…

" We’ve received tremendous feedback on WD TV and some great suggestions to improve the product even more. In response to your requests, we’re pleased to offer the following product updates. Updating your media player is simple. Just follow the instructions below, grab your remote and enjoy the show!"

If you could kindly point out to me the “tremendous feedback” in this community recently, because from what I can see it is far from “tremendous” unless you are describing bitterly disappointed (or p-ss-d) customers who have been waiting 5 months and longer for a simple acknowledgement or firmware update.

Even your very own comments could be perceived as “fraudulent” or " misleading"

Re: Firmware WD GEN2 When will it be??
a month ago

_From:

Community Manager

Bill_S

Community Manager

_

“We are working on a release for Gen 2. It’s on its way even now.”

So even you yourself could be perceived as being in breach of the very guidelines which you try to enforce?! I believe that to be hipocracy , which seems to be a common theme in WD’s business from my experience. I think one member on here said it best (Ibrahim Re: New Firmware - too much discussions but when?) that there is no point complaining on a website owned by the perpetrators themselves, it only confines the complaints to a forum that isn’t so easily seen by the general buying public. I think it’s about time that I broadcasted my complaints about this product a little more publically and in a location that will truly affect the sale of what has now become an inferior product (and certainly not what it says it does on the box!)

Don’t worry yourself Bill, I took the liberty of saving a copy of this post just in case you decided I wasn’t entitled to my freedom of speech or that I had somehow breached the very same guidelines that you have breached yourself. I am quite certain that there will be people (especially the buying public) who would be interested in WD practices and the way you choose to operate.

Diatribal,

I’m sorry that you miss the point of why I removed your posts.  So, I’ll quote from the private message I sent you, and that you quote here: 

“Your posts has been removed for violation of WD Communities Usage Guidelines.  I appreciated your creativitiy for cussing [emphasis], but unfortunately after removing 5 of your posts, this will be your only warning.  The next post I find of yours that violates community guidelines will be grounds for banning you from the community.”

I don’t understand why you have to be so vulgar in your language, but If you read the usage guidelines, you’d know that vulgar language is NOT acceptable on the forum.  Now, you definitely have freedom to speak, here.  Just look at the thousands of posts where users have aired their frustrations.  But you do not have the freedom to be vulgar, nor disrespectful to others.  You blasted one other user for no reason.  My warning stands.

Bill_S

Bill, thank you for your response, but I’m afraid your judgement still smells of hypocrisy.

Case and point. You stated that if I’d read the usage guidelines, I’d know “that vulgar language is NOT acceptable on the forum”, well as I write this the post, the subject with the most activity and at the top of the forum has what can be considered to be “vulgar language” in the very public title! “p-ss-ed off” would generally be considered by most as vulgar language (it’s certainly described as such in the dictionary) and yet you choose to turn a non-judgemental blind-eye? One rule for one, a completely different one for someone else?! Your judgements are hypocritical. Does that mean you have the freedom to be “disrespectful to others”, because I would say you have been extremely disrespectful by removing a post that I had taken time and energy to write to help two people with their question (Can it play a proper Bluray Structure?). That if I can remember didn’t contain “vulgar language”?!

Bill, your words are “fraudulent” and “misleading” (another two rules of the Usage Guidelines that you obviously don’t have to abide by?!) I did NOT blast another user “for no reason”, I had a very good reason and I explained that reason very well in my post. As I had mentioned earlier, I had committed time and energy to write to help two people with their question (Can it play a proper Bluray Structure?) and “kate59588” wrote a response that was “fraudulent” and “misleading” and in my experience actually a complete lie! The WD TV HD CAN play Blu-ray structure and I think it is blatantly obvious that her misleading response is purely a sales technique to have us buy her (probably) junk product. I just don’t understand your logic Bill? You delete my useful post (as commended by another user) when there is somebody lying for their own personal gain and using the forum to sell products on the very same topic?!

My criticism stands… I can still smell your hypocrisy!

Im working on one big television company…we needed 30 brand new external 2TB discs…I advised them not to buy WD products so we choosed another manufacturer…not only because tother product is more reliable but because of shameless WD support and their lack of support and updates…because of their unacceptable unprofessional behaviour…unbelievable for such a big company…in past i had their products in my PCs…last WD product I purchased was WDTV gen2…I will never buy another WD product…ever…

1 Like

Tvrdi wrote:

Im working on one big television company…we needed 30 brand new external 2TB discs…I advised them not to buy WD products so we choosed another manufacturer…not only because tother product is more reliable but because of shameless WD support and their lack of support and updates…because of their unacceptable unprofessional behaviour…unbelievable for such a big company…in past i had their products in my PCs…last WD product I purchased was WDTV gen2…I will never buy another WD product…ever…

I would highly recommend Samsung external hard drives waaaaay above WD ones! I have absolutely no loyalty to Samsung whatsoever, other than being an impressed consumer. I have owned both WD and Samsung hard drives and I must state categorically that both myself and many freinds and colleagues have always had problems with WD drives. Slowly degrading bad sectors (until complete drive loss) and very early “clicks of death” make WD hard drives in my opinion completely unreliable and the worst thing you could save your precious documents on. I have owned many different brand of hard drive and know quite a lot about how to store them to ensure continuing reliability. Maxtor was pretty good for a while, but I have since owned 4 Samsung drives and they are all completely reliable. I have had no problems with them whatsoever.

Again, no loyalty to any one company, just friendly consumer advice. I don’t really need to condemn WD products anyway, they are doing a far better job of condemning themselves by slowly spreading very bad word of their practices and non-existant support and updates.

Additional: “Support” doesn’t mean suggesting things that you know aren’t going to work, especially when you know that the true solution to the customers problem is that they need a new firmware update for a product that you’re too lazy to support. Business isn’t just initial sales, it is also after sales support

in my company (in my dep) we had 20 WD passport discs…8 of them died in a couple of months…enough said

Tvrdi wrote:

in my company (in my dep) we had 20 WD passport discs…8 of them died in a couple of months…enough said

In my company where I am a partner we use mainly LaCie discs which on the whole seem to be reliable - the older 1st generation firewire models were very unreliable as far as the Firewire interface chips were concerned, we had to dismantle at least two of the discs and “hotwire” them to the computers. The discs were fine though and all data was recovered and the discs could even continue being used in their “hotwired” state.

At home I have a portable Rugged LaCie disc (which despite traveling every day in my bag for the last two years and often getting quite banged around has never given me any problems) and two 1Tb  WD externals which *for the moment* seem to be holding up. They are around 6 months and 1 year old respectively.

Your comments do however raise some concerns about future reliability issues. 1Tb of data is a lot to lose in one go… and if WD can’t be bothered to follow up on any of their customers problems then something really is wrong.

I also have a couple of poste on the “We’re getting pissed off. WDTV MP4/MKV/AA   C audio sync issues” thread where I like many have bought the WD TV HD box only to find that there are horrendous sync issues on ALL my 300+ MP4 movies…

I guess that WD must be saying - well it doesn’t realy matter if the HDs die because people can’t play the movies stocked on them anyway !

One issue solves another.

EV