Can you recommend a great Data Recovery company?

i have a WD 1TB My Passport Portable External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBYNN0010BBK.
i can not access it. I have files that I need to recover from it. Can you recommend a data recovery company?
I bought it from Amazon back on 12/2016

1 Like

Hi,

Have you checked Support for answers on why you cannot access the drive?

Otherwise search WD Support for Data Recovery Companies.

Cliff

I haven’t checked support yet, not sure what to check.
Looking for a great data recovery company just in case I need one

Running WD Data LifeGuard Diagnostics…fingers crossed

Here’s a link to WD recommended data recovery services

Be prepared though … data recovery services are not cheap and a last resort

Keeping a backup of your important data on another hard drive is a lot cheaper though.

(i lost important data many years ago, now religiously keep a backup of everything)

1 Like

Have you attempted to rule out any connectivity concerns by attaching the hard drive to an other computer or using a different USB cable or port? Sometimes the issue may not be with the hard disk itself, but rather with a malfunctioning cable or connector. If troubleshooting techniques haven’t worked and you’re still unable to access the drive, you can use expert data recovery software or get professional help.

There are many recovery companies but my suggestion would be to first check the warranty status, and then contact the WD support as per your warranty status, as WD support will also help you as per the warranty status and their company norm.

The second thing that you should keep in mind is that you want to go for data recovery software or data recovery service because deciding that will save your time and money. A few companies that are related to data recovery are Easeus, Recuva, Stellar Data Recovery, Cleverfiles, etc. Some of them provide both software and recovery services. You should read thoroughly and then decide what to choose for your data recovery. Top of Form