I see that there are few movies available in Full SBS format and some in Half SBS format but the resolution of Full SBS is very high, but I am not sure if that resolution would be supported by the WD TV Live Hub Media Player. Can someone clarify if it can support or not.
If you are talking about 3840x1080 Resolution… Looking at the Specifications, i would say No.
- MPEG2 MP@HL up to 1920x1080p24, 1920x1080i30 or 1280x720p60 resolution.
- MPEG4.2 ASP@L5 up to 1280x720p30 resolution and no support for global motion compensation.
- WMV9/VC-1 MP@HL up to 1280x720p60 or 1920x1080p24 resolution. VC-1 AP@L3 up to 1920x1080i30, 1920x1080p24 or 1280x720p60 resolution.
- H.264 BP@L3 up to 720x480p30 or 720x576p25 resolution.
- H.264 MP@L4.1 and HP@4.1 up to 1920x1080p24, 1920x1080i30, or 1280x720p60 resolution.
Can it at least stream that file? If not play it?
‘Even’ if the file was on the Live Hub’s Internal HDD i seriously doubt it would play.
Because its ‘out’ of the Specified Resolution and Framerate Capabilities of the Hub.
Streaming it ?
“Not a Chance”
If you use Google you will find many discussions on this topic …
a i5/i7 Intel PC Could Probably Handle it … but not a $200 Media Player.
Just a Quick Google search on the Topic.
If, by “Streaming it,” you mean SERVING it to another renderer or player, I would imagine that it would serve it no problem unless the bitrate is too high.
No, i thought of streaming it directly to my TV