Can the rotating backdrops be resized?

Hi, I’m working on a new theme. I’d like to use the movie backdrops, but not full size.

When I try to resize the backdrops, it just won’t work. Whatever I tried, I could only crop them to a certain part of the screen.

Did anyone succeed in actually resizing these images?

Oops, I wanted to post this question in the themes forum, but I seem to have messed up, and I can’t move it myself.

Any forum moderator: please move this thread to the “Themes” forum. Thank you :slight_smile:

Yes, the XML specifies the size and location of the backdrop image.

Simply resizing the JPG won’t do it, as the WD will scale it up or down to fit the size specified in the XML spec.

It appears I wasn’t clear in my original question. My mistake.

When I wrote “resizing” I actually meant: using the xml in rv_gallery_browse_page.xml to let the Hub do the resizing for me.

I changed rv_gallery_browse_page.xml to scale down and move the rotating backdrops to the right of the screen.

It didn’t work: My Hub won’t scale the images, it just crops them.

The question still stands.

add this somewhere in the code-line of the rotating images:

scale=“100”

this will scale the image, to the proportions you have given it, and not just crop-to-fit…

zballz wrote:

add this somewhere in the code-line of the rotating images:

scale=“100”

this will scale the image, to the proportions you have given it, and not just crop-to-fit…

I already did that.

In rv_gallery_browse_page.xml I changed to original line of code:

<image image=“@@preview_rect_image” default_image=“@@default_preview_rect_image” x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” textcolor=“@@preview_rect_color” keycolor=“1” ignore_keycolor=“1” bg=“1”/>

to:

<image image=“@@preview_rect_image” default_image=“@@default_preview_rect_image” x=“500” y=“0” w=“780” h=“439” scale=“100” scale_type=“pan” textcolor=“@@preview_rect_color” keycolor=“1” ignore_keycolor=“1” bg=“1”/>

for testing purposes.

It just crops the backdrop, it´s not scaled.

I thank you for the advise, but please the don´t post things you haven´t tested in this thread. Not all that should work, does work, when WD TV Live Hub theme making is concerned, and this is one of those things.

I´ve tried everything I could think of, to scale down the backdrops. None of it works. It’s seems the command works in mysterious ways here…

Edit: spelling