Can the number of backups per file be limited?

I use WD Backup on a 1 TB My Passport, backing up files every day. The drive tends to fill up rather quickly. Can I set a limit to the number of backups saved to the drive, deleting older versions of the file?

WD SmartWare has the option to change file history under Software Settings. However, WD Backup does not allow you to set a limit at the time of this post.

Has this changed so that I do have to manually delete older files? " I use WD Backup on a 1 TB My Passport, backing up files every day. The drive tends to fill up rather quickly. Can I set a limit to the number of backups saved to the drive, deleting older versions of the file?"

This is my issue as well. I am leary about deleting files on the backup medium by date, as I do not really understand the structure of the data. There are a few files that seem to be index files, so if this points to files or folders that I have deleted, that might be a problem.

Given that this is a WD product, they would be in the best position to either modify WD backup to provide some kind of “trimming” function, or a separate program that does that.

I have the same situation, my drive fills up in about six months of backups. I would like to say “keep only three months of backups” or maybe “keep only three versions of a file”. Is this possible? If not, why not?