Can’t send MTS/M2TS files to 3rd party apps

Hi there, I am trying to access M2ts/mts videos stored on my MyCloud through the iOS my cloud mobile app. Now I know M2ts and mts videos aren’t supported, but I should be able to send them to the VLC or player extreme apps which I have installed. However the apps don’t show in the list of receiving apps after hitting the open with button. I tested an MKV video, and I can send it to VLC no problem. Is this some oversight by WD or does iOS decide which apps are capable to receive the file?

Hi skierdave,

You should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this for live assistance and troubleshooting

To Contact WD for Technical Support

http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

The link below will allow you to call support

Create a Support Case
Create a support case with our world-class service and support team.

Interesting update: WD support told me that iOS is what decides which apps show up as available recipients. (I think the 3rd party apps basically register which types they will take) I updated to iOS 11.2.5, and there was no change. I then downloaded another video player (infuse) and now all three (infuse, VLC, and player extreme) show up as possible recipients. Adding the new app seemed to get iOS to update its internal registry of receivers. (I’m guessing)

Am facing the same problem. Hope anyone here can help me too. Thanks in advance.
Regards,
viamichelin putlocker google earth

Problem had reoccurred for me. Noticed that renaming the file in the WD app with a fake .mp4 extension allowed iOS to find my video player apps. Deleting and reinstalling VLC had no effect. Once again installing a new video player, (infuse, I had deleted it months ago) also fixed the problem. We’ll see how long it lasts if I leave infuse installed.