Can´t connect over WiFi

Help please!

My MBLD works fine if my PC is wired and it works fine on wd2go.com, but it’s invisible over my local WiFi network. What can I do?

I tried assigning a static IP 192.168.1.172, reserving that IP on my router, and nothing works. I disabled the firewall in my router too.

Verify that the MBLD unit is a member of a WorkGroup.

Drill down, the long way, to view the drive:

• My Network Places \ Entire Network \ Microsoft Windows Network \ WORKGROUP

Note in your Router any references & settings for another Wi-Fi unit on your network (eg. Your Laptop) - Now compare the same for the MBLD unit, looking for any descrepancies.

Thanks for the tip, it doesn’t work. 

The MBLD is part of the group WORKGROUP, same as my laptops (I’ve tried with 3 different laptops). Laptops show in the group but not MBLD.

I can’t see any difference in the router, except the laptops show as “wireles connected” and MBLD as “ethernet cable connected”

Please help?

Give this a try. Plug the MBLD directly into the laptop via the ethernet cable. Once it shows up in your network create a shortcut to it. Unplug the MBLD from the laptop and reattach it to the router. Now try accessing the MBLD using the shortcut. You may also make changes as needed to the shortcut. Hope this helps.

thanks 

it only works if the laptop is connected via ethernet cable. If I go wireless, I can’t access the MBLD with the shortcut created.

When you’re wireless, Windows 7 & Vista use a different network profile than when you’re wired.

Check the profiles and make sure they’re set up the same.

I have to ask, are you using the same router for wired and wireless connections?

Yes they’re the same

I’ve tried with a Windows 7 PC and with a MacBook Air. Time Machine can´t find the drive either. I can acces the MBLD via wd2go.com, but not with Time Machine.

Yes it’s the same router. I assigned a fixed IP to MBLD and still it’s invisible on WiFi. 

I’ve tried with a Windows 7 PC and with a MacBook Air. Time Machine can´t find the drive either. I can acces the MBLD via wd2go.com, but not with Time Machine.

What is your laptop’s network IP and what is MBLD’s network IP?

Do you have other cabled devices (besides your modem) that can be seen from the wi-fi portion of your network.

What’s the Make & Model of your router. There may be some clues in the manual.

My laptop ip is 192.168.1.209

My MBLD ip is 192.168.1.172

Yes I do. I have a Samsung Network printer that is cabled and can be seen from wireless laptops. I also can see a desktop computer.

My router is:

• Alcatel_Lucent I-240W-Q

Thanks a lot for your time

I did some tests and I can’t see the other cabled computers on the WiFi portion of my network. Maybe that’s why I can’t see the MBLD but I don’t know how to fix it.

Have you tried to view the UI in your browser? Open your browser and try to access it by using 192.168.1.172. Does anything show up?

Yes the UI works fine.