Can see some shares but not all

I’m using a mac laptop. I installed the My Cloud Mirror a couple of weeks ago, and
setup a share called Household which is open to everyone in the local network,
I created a private one for myself, called jimka. And there was one called Public
which contains Shared Music, Shared Pictures, and Shared Videos.

When I use the MyCloud App on my laptop, I can see all these shared and their content is correct.

However, from the filesystem, I can only see Household and jimka, and their content
is all correct, but I cannot see Shared. When I look in /Volumes I indeed see the Household directory,
and the jimka directory, but not the Shared directory.
I can’t see anything in the configuration which makes Shared invisible.

What’s wrong? how can I debug this?

BTW, when I first setup the MyCloud mirror, I had full access to the Public folder.
And I was able to populate it as I did using rsync from the unix command line.

Are you able to manually map the shares using AFP or CIFS/SMB?

http://support.wdc.com/KnowledgeBase/answer.aspx?ID=2686

Hmm, from what you say, I do not see you set up a folder called Shared. The Public Folder has the three Shared folders iyou mention n there, so did you see and look in Public?

When I try to access smb://wdsharespace, I get a popup saying:
There was a problem connecting to server “wdsharespace”. The server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name and IP address, check your network connection, and then try again.

Hi Trancer, the link you gave me gives suggestions for MacOs 10.4 and 10.7. I’m using macos 10.11.3, so I’m not sure if the same advise should work. But anyway, when I try to access smb://wdsharespace as suggested in the article, it fails. with the message : The server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name and IP address, check your network connection, and then try again.

It is indeed curious as the dedicated myCloud app works find and allows me to access Public as well as the other directories.

Hi mike27oct,

Sorry, I mixed up the names. The folder in question is called “Public” and it has 3 subdirs named “Shared Pictures”, “Shared Videos”, and “Shared Music”.