Can only get a Relay connection via TP-Link TD-8840T

TheRealReal wrote:

Were you finally able to configure the WDMyCloud to get a stable internet connection?

No, I didn’t I’m afraid.  I gave up, sent it back and bought a Synology DS214 instead.  OK, a fair bit more expensive but I was able to keep costs down by making use of two spage 1TB disks I had available.  It’s in a different league.  Worked right out of the box, no fiddling about with router settings and it’s as steady as a rock stability wise.  The old saying of you get what you pay for is very true when it comes to NAS it seems.  Whilst the MyCloud is very ‘consumer’ in it’s implementation (although goodness knows how many ‘consumers’ would be up to overcoming its wobblies) the Synology unit is definitely in the ‘prosumer’ league, benefitting from the company’s expertise with models directed at the enterprise market.  I can do so much more with it - it really is a cracking little unit.

It actually took WD’s support dept 3 weeks to reply to my ticket, by which time the MyCloud had long gone.  In contrast I had a small issue with the iTunes server dropping out after a short period and Synology’s support dept provided me with a fix within 48 hours.  I very much get the impression that WD are too happy to let this forum act as the support channel instead of responding to customers in a timely manner via tickets.

Probably get myself banned from here now!  :dizzy_face:

I do hope you get sorted one way or another.  Best of luck.