Can NOT delete files on NAS White led 1.5TB - TWONKY Problem

Copy the data from MyBook back to PC, reset the Hard drive to its initial condition and copy it back, never touch the twonky.
All should be back to normal.
Regarding the WD support, they will tell you that this is a hardware problem. Thats what they told me.

WDsupport is doing an awesome job! 5 days passed and they havn’t responded to my request.

The next problem that occured: I cant acces my Drive settings anymore. I recieve this error message:

My Book World Edition - MyBookWorldWarning: Unknown(): open(/tmp/sess_61a9664015e720f1567195841504e7c9, O_RDWR) failed: Read-only file system (30) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

No acces over ftp, http or wd discovery? WTF!!!

This drive is the worst drive I ever connected to my network!

I have the WD NAS with the white light stripe for about 2 weeks now.  I copied some files there and later found I could not delete them.   I came to this forum for answers. 

(Quick update since there are MAC users here: I am running Windows 7)

After several things(reset, copy(althought not authorized to cut) , this was best solution which worked for me.

1.  Download  WINSCP (its a file manager and its free)

2.  Install and log in using your IP address and admin credentials.  (U don’t have to use SSH…just use FTP option)

3.  There is a really nice and understandable interface.  Just click the fle and F8 to delete.

For as often as I will be deleting files, this works for me. Again I understand that for some guys just the fact it does not work like its supposed to drives them on a quest till its solved.  I am like that for some things, but this one was just not worth it to me if I have another option.   Other than that I was going to send it back which is such a hassle.  So try this first.  It may hold you over till WD has the fix and then u can do it.

1 Like

Had same problem with a My Book World Ed. 1TB - had to access it with FTP client before I could delete directories and files.

Thanks for the tip  :smileyvery-happy:

Something is wrong with the Linux/Windows integretion of file and directory attributes and that’s not uncommen when CIFS and NFS (WIndows and UNIX) are trying to access the same files.

This is the way to go. FTP is a piece of cake and gets you write access. Thanks jacob.

NOTE. You can also enable SSH and then use PUTTY to access it at command level. But that’s a bit more advanced. Finally you can also enable NFS and mount the drive. Make sure to set Public to READ/WRITE too. It’s in one of the menu’s…