Can not accees my Lifebook over the internet

Hi,

I’m having following problem:

When I connect my Lifebook via the SWITCH of my teleprovider, I can access my Lifebook over the internet but not from my home network.  When I connect my lifebook with my wireless router, I can access my Lifebook from my home network but not via the internet.

My architectural picture looks as follow:

Cable router <-> SWITCH (installed by Network provider for digital television) <-> Wireless router.

IP Settings of router are:
Wireless Lan Adapter Wireless network connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix: telenet.be
Link-local Iv6 Address: fe80::f187:7922:75a5:7fe7%10
IPv4 Address: 192.168.0.196
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1

IP Settings of Cable router are:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix: telenet.be
IPv4 Address: 94.226.144.111
Subnet Mask: 255.255.248.0
Default Gateway: 94.226.144.1

Is here someone with some knowledge who can help me to configure well my lifebook?

Already many thanks.

Sounds like you have 2 concurrent DHCP-Servers in your network. One in the Wireless router, one in the cable router. So the cable router connected devices and WLAN router connected devices are 2 different networks without “knowing” of each other.

Possible solution:
First step: In the settings of your WLAN router should be a possibility do define the connection type ( Type: NAT or type: IP Client). For your needs is IP client the right choice, this means the DHCP server in the WLAN router is disabled and all devices in the network get their IP adresses from the cable router even the devices connected to the WLAN router.

Optional Second step: In the settings of cable router you should allow incoming traffic to your livebook. Sounds like it is set correct already, because you can access the livebook from outside when it is connected to the cable router.