Can no longer write to drive...user daapd created overnight

Hi:

Yesterday, everything was working fine…I was able to read and write to my WD MyCloud drive.  This morning, I can no longer write to the drive.  In looking at the permissions, I see that a new user was created for the drive…daapd.  My user permissions now show:

daapd - Read & Write

staff - Read & Write

everyone - Read only

I am at a loss as to why this happend and how to correct the issue.  

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Where are you seeing this “daapd” user?   Via the dashboard, Web UI … ?

I’m seeing it via OS X Finder, by checking the info for a given folder.  

I have not been able to access the dashboard in quite awhile.

Well, I know next to nothing about how Macs work, but just in general, you can’t tell by looking at client properties what the true permissions are on a share – nor can they be changed by a client.

The My Cloud uses UNIX-like permissions on the folders, and further uses enhanced security via ACL’s.

So I guess my answer is “I don’t know.”  :)

Oh well, thanks anyway.  :)

It is just so odd that, when I went to bed last night, everything was fine…then I woke up and found that the permissions had been changed and user daapd had been created.  

Being I can no longer write to the drive, it is now pretty useless.  I guess I should be happy that I can still access the stuff that is on there.  

kevhal wrote:

Oh well, thanks anyway.  :)

It is just so odd that, when I went to bed last night, everything was fine…then I woke up and found that the permissions had been changed and user daapd had been created.  

Being I can no longer write to the drive, it is now pretty useless.  I guess I should be happy that I can still access the stuff that is on there.  

Hi Kevhal,

Can you please try unmounting your drive from finder?

Within the WDMyCloud dashboard, can you run a diagnostic check on your drive?

Hi, daytrdr:

I managed to get into the dashboard prior to seeing your post (I seem to only be able to access the dashboard about once in every one hundred attempts).  Once in, I disabled Media Streaming and turned off the iTunes Server and then rebooted the drive.  When the drive finished rebooting, I was able to write to the drive.  The Sharing & Permissions still look wonky, but at least I can, once again, write to the drive.

Thanks,