Can no longer connect to network shares after latest firmware update

WDTV streaming, trying to connect over Windows share to my Synology NAS.

I’ve always had problems using the My Media Library with my Synology… I would lose a connection and it’d never come back unless I did a factory reset.  So I just turn it on to do metadata updates and then switch to “Network Share” for my content source.

Upon first updating the firmware I had no problems.  However, after switching back to Network Share I got a message of “Unable to connect to the selected source.  Please make sure the selected source is active and available for sharing.”. 

So OK, might be the NAS.  Reset it, no help.  Factory reset the WDTV, same message.  ROLL BACK the firmware, success again.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I might try?  From a feature perspecitve I LOVE the idea of this new release.  One click into my movies basically eliminates my pain from not being able to use the media library.

Oh, I should mention that I can connect and use my NAS using DLNA, so it’s not strictly a connectivity issue.  Seems to be something with credentials being passed.

Thanks,

-aaron

Hello,

I you have rolled back to a previews firmware I recommend you try updating the firmware again to verify if the issue is still there.

I used to have this similar problem and here is what I did; I renamed all the network’s workgroup name to a similar name and so far it didn’t lose any further connection unless I reset the player.

Hope it helps cuz it did on my end.

Cheers!!

Hamlet wrote:

Hello,

I you have rolled back to a previews firmware I recommend you try updating the firmware again to verify if the issue is still there.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I’ll give it a go this weekend when I hopefully have some time to invest in this and report back on my findings.

-aaron

edd3022 wrote:

I used to have this similar problem and here is what I did; I renamed all the network’s workgroup name to a similar name and so far it didn’t lose any further connection unless I reset the player.

Hope it helps cuz it did on my end.

Cheers!!

Thanks for the suggestion… when I was previously working through my issues with trying to get “My Media Library” working as a source I changed my workgroup name to MEDIA.  My NAS is the only device on it, but it never seemed to make a difference.  Hopefully it will help someone else in the future.

-aaron