Can no longer access photos

I can no longer access some of my photo files, or individual photos. Keep getting “do not have permission” message. Also, when I mouse over some of the folders, it now says “empty folder”.

The “empty folder” is the result of not having permission to access the contents of that folder. Once permission is granted, the amount of contents will be displayed.

Do you know what may have caused the folder permissions to be changed? I would suggest running a virus scan on both your computer and external drive to make sure malware isn’t present on your system, which maybe the culprit if you didn’t manually change anything yourself.

If the virus scan turns up nothing, you can try the take ownership context menu mod and see if you can access your files. Note that the take ownership mod will only give you temporary access to that folder, which will have to be applied again after you log out/restart your computer, so it would probably be a good idea to create new folders (without the permissions) and move your files there, or transfer the contents of your WD drive to another device (preferably without the NTFS file system), reformat* your WD external drive and copy the contents back over.

*Reformating deletes ALL files from the drive.

Ook bij mijn dashbord zie ik geen schijven staan met bestanden, wie heeft er een oplossing prepaidcardstatus