Can no longer access MyCloud after changing routers

I recently upgraded my router to an ASUS RT-AX88U, and in doing so, I changed the SSID for the 2.4 Gb Band. After re-configuring all my devices (phone, tablet, laptop, etc), everything works fine except my two WD devices: an older MyDrive unit and a MyCloud unit.

Both drives are connected to a Netgear Ethernet 8-port switch, as is my desktop computer. However, when I go to My Cloud, neither drive is found. I get a message that MyCloud is not found and to either try again or use the advanced setup - the advanced setup is a dead link, so that does not help.

The error message says to check to make sure the blue light is on on the drive, however, it is not. When I power the drive off/on, the light turns solid amber, then after a few minutes changes to flashing amber, then eventually goes off completely.

So, I am not sure what is happening or how to proceed. Needless to say I am in a bit of a bind because I have thousands of files on these drives that I can no longer access!

@Pauleduc The My Cloud Home does not have a blue LED!

If you have My Clouds, have you tried files.mycloud.com to view the content?

I have the original MyCloud … may not be called MyCloud Home, but it is a 4TB MyCloud drive - and it does have a blue led. My manual says it is blue when ready and when I go to My Cloud, I get an error msg that it cannot find the drive on my network, and one of the suggestions is to check for a blue led. Which as I said, it not blue, but amber. And according to my manual, and amber led might be caused by no network cable connected.

Thinking it might be an issue related to the Netgear Switch, I disconnected the drive and plugged the cable directly into my router… and same problem: no blue led.

try resetting the MyClouds via the Reset Switch

1 Like

What is the purpose of the reset switch? How would that help?

They seem to have fixed things, AND apparently blocked me from creating any new New Topics, so can you confirm if all is OK with your setup now, and do a NEW Post elling everyone

@Pauleduc When you changed routers did you give it the same name and passwords as the one it replaced. Doing this means when you start it up all your devices should reconnect without any problems otherwise you have to go back and sign all devices in again.

Sorry, this issue was raised back in February, and it is now June. I gave up on trying to get this device working, and finally disassembled it and managed to recover my data. That’s the end of WD cloud services for me… don’t like being held hostage for my data.

Thank you thank you thank you Joey, wow can’t believe that actually worked. Beyond stressed thniking I’ve lost my Plex library from just switching to a new ISP and Router. All good now, router sees Mycloudex2ultra, laptop and Plex sees it again too. I feel for Pauleduc, had other pre cloud network drives (not WD) that basically are useless now.

I have one. it does have blue led. This is a very old one but has the least problem among all my clouds I own.