Can I upgrade/replace current MY BOOK THUNDERBOLT DUO

I have a 4TB MY BOOK THUNDERBOLT DUO. Can I replace the 2-2TB hard drive and replace them with 2-4TB or even 2-8TB hard drives?

Thanks.

Sean

Such proceedings are not warranted or supported by Western Digital. As such, there’s no official documentation available referring to said implications and/or an appropriate procedure.

So, has anyone tried upgrading the DUO TB enclosures with larger or slightly different model HDs, despite all the corporate warnings? I’m willing to accept ‘It will not work." if there is more specific information, like ’ The FW is designed to disallow this.’ or ‘You will blow up your enclosure PCB.’ I understand that WD cannot be responsible for lost data of course, but please, can we have some real information?

thank you,

nonprod

just putting the information so that its out there… I had a 8TB (2x 4tb) thunderbolt duo… I just shucked 2x 8TB WD Elements, (8TB white label - Red drives) - the Thunderbolt Duo enclosure works fine, WD Drive Utilities recognised it as 16TB, applied RAID1 config - everything works.