Can I update a current firmware..with the same

Because my MBL is not working properly since the W2go update sent to us a couple of weeks ago that messed up my remote access (thanks by the way to WD) and since I haven’t’ received any responses or solution to my support requests. They must be busy taking care of the latest firmware fiasco…

My question is the following: Can I reinstall the firmware of my drive, which is the most current already, without having to do a factory reset?.. I am just trying to avoid building my NAS again. It will be my fifth time…

Unfortunately MBL is loaded with issues…

I gave up on MBL as reliable backup solution after  my first unit died with 3 months of use…

I also had to give up already as a TC alternative, MBL does not well with time machine…And looking at all the posts, is not fixed yet… To all of you having TM problems, just buy a time capsule and forget the headaches.

Now, I can’t use remote access because the recent updates killed the connection…

Reading the posts and like others I am frustrated,

Thanks

You can try pressing the reset button on the back of the my book for 4 seconds and that wont delete your data. 

The same firmware cannot be reapplied. If you are having issues with WD2Go after the latest firmware update, you may try rebuilding the WD2Go Server from the Remote Access - Advanced settings, located in the Dashboard.