Can i stretch (Upscale) ISO files, like DVD player?

Can i stretch (Upscale) ISO files, like DVD player?

So if the ISO file is 480p its will be stretch all over the screen (Upsacale or Upconvert).

Yes, if you have your HDMI set to 720p or 1080p then the 480 content will be upscaled automatically – it won’t just be a tiny box in the center of the screen.

It works the other way too… 720 &1080 content gets downscaled for the yellow composite RCA jack.

Regardless of what’s in the media file being played, the chip does whatever’s necessary to output it at the resolution the WDTV has been set to.  So 720 can be upscaled to 1080 and 1080 can be downscaled to 720 as well.

I doult if there’s improvement on vedio quality~

the WD player has a zoom feature, you can also use any features that your tv has, most HDTV’s have a variaty of stretch and zoom options

i normally press the zoom in button twice for any movies that arent 16:9/10 format(1:85:1 - 2:39:1) so it fills most of the screen while cutting off the unnessiary edges which theres generally nothing that far off screen that matters to the scene, its just all for a landscape effect.

There is no zoom if you are playing the iso in DVD menu mode, which would the standard way.

richUK wrote:

There is no zoom if you are playing the iso in DVD menu mode, which would the standard way.

he should still be able to use any zoom featuers on his tv tho, right?

480 should be upscaled automatically on your WDTV LIve to 720 or 1080 depending on your display, and the upscaling is pretty good (better than my TV’s’ upscaling)

If you are not upscaling automatically you have a mistake in your WDTV settings or you have a non anamorphic material (black bars hard coded as part of the picture, usually done with older SD DVD material from when most TV’s were 4:3). If it is non anamophoric widescreen, you used to be able to always increase by 10% or 20% on your WDTV, but since the introduction of DVD menus by WDTV on a firmware update some time ago that feature was removed for SD dvd playback.  In that case you are going to a) live with it b)  use your TV’s zoom if available c) recode through handbrake or ripbot264 and crop out the bars.

If the pictures/video is 4:3, its will not be streched wide like a wide screen-with upsaclae dvd player

Any decent player shouldn’t “stretch” anything.

A 4:3 video should fill the whole screen on a 4:3 screen, and should be pillarboxed on a 16:9 screen, regardless of output resolution.

A 16:9 video should be letterboxed on a 4:3 screen, and should fill the whole screen on a 16:9 screen, regardless of output resolution.

Other aspect ratios will have letterboxing or pillarboxing on either display, regardless of output resolution.

That’s the whole point of the media saying what aspect ratio it should be displayed at – to avoid image distortions.