Can I recover deleted files from a MyBookLive drive

Hi (am new to the forum) - I have a 1TB My Book Live network storage drive and I accidentally deleted one of the folders that contained some video files I saved.  The drive is fully functioning and I can see all of my other data and folders just fine which is about 236GB.   I see lots of programs out there that claim to be able to recover the data but have tried several of them and have been unable to access the drive.   I did map the MyBookLive drive as a logical drive to my computer and can see it there.

Honestly I’m not even sure what video files were deleted but the folder was named 2012 in my public shared video folder so I’m suspecting that it’s got various family videos we took from 2012 on it and hence my desire to recover it.   It’s possible I have some of these on other computers already but need to recover to be sure.  

Note that I am now making what is called a safepoint recovery of the drive so essentially backing it up.  One thought I had was to make a complete copy of the entire drive to another computer and then run an undelete utility on it when it’s on that computer such as UndeletePlus.   Has anyone tried that or know if it would be worth a shot?

Appreciate any advice or recommendations.

Tom

Hello,

You can try a data recovery software that supports recovering from a NAS drive. If you do a  web search for  Data Recovery  it will yield plenty of data recovery software options.

You can recover deleted files from WD hard drive, see this step by step guide that helped me before: WD hard drive data recovery

It’s easy to follow and worked well for me.

backups do wonders as well… :smileyvery-happy:

scares me how many people keep one copy of important files, backup backup backup.

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-33088_39-57556308/digital-storage-basics-part-3-backup-vs-redundancy/

I suggest you try a free software to recover deleted files.