Can I customize video folder screens in gallery view as you customize a video screen

I have a folder structure for videos: My Videos, Hollywood movies, Kids movies, International, Series, etc.

Each folder have a folder.jpg file so I can see folder thumbnails but is there a way to complete folder  information as you do with any video file or DVD using a xml file?

When you select a folder in gallery view there is no art . It will be ok if at least could see the big version of the thumbnail for that folder.

Thanks.

Try inserting a jpg of the movie in the folder let me know how that works out for you.

Folders used to support XML files, but they don’t anymore.

However you should be able to at least see the folder.jpg instead of a folder icon in the folder list!

I have a jpg inside that folder and I see that jpg as the thumbnail but in GALLERY VIEW, and when I select the folder, the thumbnails doesn’t go the the big cover version and fields like year, artists, etc. appears empty when is not a movie, just a category. That’s why I was wondering if an XML could tell the system that folder is a category.

used to accept XML? And what happened? I see empty artists, year, genre fields for a folder that is not a movie, just a category. 
The jpg thumbnail works fine but when you select the folder that thumbnail doesn’t go to the big cover.

MarianoN wrote:

I have a jpg inside that folder and I see that jpg as the thumbnail but in GALLERY VIEW, and when I select the folder, the thumbnails doesn’t go the the big cover version and fields like year, artists, etc. appears empty when is not a movie, just a category. That’s why I was wondering if an XML could tell the system that folder is a category.

What you’re describing is a known issue.   WD hasn’t commented if it’s a BUG or if that’s the way it’s supposed to be.

And no, there was never any support for folder-specific XMLs.