Can I create folders on different drives PR4100

I am trying to create folders on my PR4100. it is setup as raid 1 I would like to create a folder on the one drive for photos, and a different folder on the other drive for movies. Is this possible.
And I have another problem. I can access the 4100 through my wifi on one computer and when I try to access it on the other computer which is wired directly to the router as the same for the 4100 it comes up with an error. Windows cannot access and the error code is 0x80070035 network path not found.

Hi @Collins89,

Please refer to the article: My Cloud: Share Access Failure - Error Code: 0x80070035 Network Path Not Found: My Cloud: Share Access Failure - Error Code: 0x80070035 Network Path Not Found

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Ok thanks, but is there a way to allocate folders on certain drives. like photos on vol.1 and movies on vol.2 drives. thanks

Well the create folders on different drive was resolved ( didn’t know you could choose where to put them when creating the folders ) thanks for the help.
But after talking to a tech from the support team last night and trying to resolve the other problem, I still cannot access the folders on my one computer that is wired to the router that is connected directly to my PR4100.

I found this solution after a few hours of searching IS this ok to setup like this? I do not want my device to be insecure. Here is the video I found Network Path Not Found - WIndows 10 1803 - Guaranteed Fix - YouTube

Thanks for all the help waiting to hear back about the settings change.

A few thoughts;

1. How helpful was WD Tech support?

2. I took a (quick) look at the video you linked
    2a) Network discovery is very important to getting your computers to talk to each other.
    2b) For “SMB V1” - – > For a NAS running OS/5 -(and you are in the OS/5 forum :slight_smile: ) - → SMB1 is not required and in fact is a bit of a security risk. It should be disabled. You only need it for compatibility for older systems that talk on the network.

3. The insecure login for guest accounts: Not sure about that. All of my shares are PW protected - - > I don’t use public shares.

4. A note for Windows machines: Windows doesn’t like having multiple accounts/PWs for the same device. So all the shares accessed from a given PC want to have the same login credentials to every share on a particular NAS. If you change the credentials, you wind up having to wipe older settings from the windows credential manager to get things working.

First I would thank you for your help. Secondly how will I fix the problem after I change everything back to the settings that they were. after I copy all my files to the nas. Or should I just change a couple of the settings. One question I have is there a problem to just leave it the way it is as I only use that computer for that reason nothing else. Or is there a security problem with it being on the network my other devices have.

All devices have a risk.

I would not worry about “network discovery” - - - > just turn it on.

SMB1 is a minor risk - - → But an OS/5 NAS should not need it so keep it off.

As for the shares - - → Windows 10 likes ONE USER per NAS. That’s a windows issue. A single user can have multiple shares on the NAS; but to actually have different users. . . that’s a bit of an issue.