Can for the life of me not connect to dashboard on mac

Hello all… Murphy’s law. Luckily enough I am trying out my wireless before I go on my trip on 28 april 2018. I am traveling in Europe and don’t want to log laptop around. I do have the wireless passport so it should not be a problem. Except I do not get to my dashboard. I do have things on the disk, I have used it before. For some reason, it does not want to connect to the mac desktop, so I can not get to my dashboard. I use an ipad, iphone and desktop. Phone can see the disk, and contents. I have downloaded some of of my bought itunes movies and tv series, those do not want to play, so what is the point of having the wireless if I can only play hacked stuff…
My main problem for now is that I do not get to the dashboard on the mac, with the mypassport.local nor the ip address. I have connection between disk and phone via wifi, but when I try to play a song from passport on phone it won’t let me, it says this can not stream while off line. Image me being on a plane thinking I have all my music, trying to play it, yet it says off line, while there is an obvious connection via wifi between disk and phone. When I hook it up with the usb cable to my desktop it will play the music in itunes…
Whenever I get to the first screen after having reset the disk, it says username admin, but won’t let me give in any password and gives the message “not authorized”.
What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated. I am working easier with a chatbox or phone support, but somehow can’t reach them either. The phone (an 800 nr) works till I hit the language choice and then disconnects. AAAAgggrrrrrrrr… HEEEELLLPPPP

Hi catherinelucas,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en
The link below will allow you to call support.

Fixed it… Reformatted the drive to ex fat and all problems solved… Now all I need to crack is the system to stream video to iphone and ipad…