Can anyone advise me pls re a replacement plastic tab for a Studio Edition II?

Hi,

Can anyone advise me as to where I can get a replacement plastic tab, please?  

Put simply (and not knowing the official part name); this is the opaque plastic tab that sits between the securing screw and the disk.  It allows you to grip the hard disk and pull it up and out when you want to remove and replace a hard disk inside a Studio Edition II.  I managed to tear mine out (minus the disk) and it bugs me.

WD support, although very friendly and polite, have “no protocol” to action a replacement.  I can’t be the first to have this problem and I hope that some kind sould can help me.

Thanks and best wishes,

Richard. 

As you might have been informed already this part is not available for purchase at our online store.

If the unit still under warranty you can contact our support department to get the drive replaced.

Hi,

Thanks but this unit is probably no longer under warranty and it seems a disproportionate amount of effort and cost to WD to back up my 1.8Tb of data to another disc, package it up, send it back and await a replacement - all for want of a spare part that may be on a shelf in Hungary.

All I’m after is a plastic tab - is there someone that I can write to that could supply me with the part, please?  - I’m happy to fit it.

Thanks and best wishes,

Richard.