Can access any files in internal 1tb hard drive after upgrade from 2.04.13 to 2.06.10

I hate these upgrades.

I was running 2.04.13 with no issues at all. 

I decided to skip 2.05.08 until 2.06.10 came out

I performed the 2 step upgrade, via the download method and I had NO VIDEOS on the internal 1TB hard drive!!

I checked the drive and it showed I had 486 Free out of 930GB total.

My files were still there, they were not seen when I select VIDEO and Local Storage, then internal storage.

I called WD and they simply told me to downgrade, 10 seconds of support, then goodbye and goodluck…

I rolled back to 2.04.13 and all was back to normal…

I decided to give it another try!!!

This time via USB stick instead of download.

Same, thing exactly.

I found that the internal files were not viewed on 2.05.08!!!

So, the problem happened there, not in 2.06.10

So, I rolled back, again to my beloved 2.04.13 and it works fine again.

Anyway, WD…

I’m done with your upgrades!!

I dont have the time, patience, or santity to keep doing your debugging for you…

I really shouldnt even log this error here, but I want to keep the forum updated on these FW issues.

Good luck, god bless.

nomoreupdatesforfrank

What type of hardrive was the 1 TB?

I doubt he’ll be back, but he referenced the INTERNAL drive.

i  had similar problem. I restated my hub but no use only 110 out of 350 movies were getting displayed. Then I went on to my PC and access the WD drive and then on the video folder, I refresh the contents, here all my 350 movies were getting displayed properly. Then I restared my  Hub…Which shows all my movies. May be you can try the same…good luck.

ihateFWupgrades wrote:

I hate these upgrades.

I was running 2.04.13 with no issues at all. 

I decided to skip 2.05.08 until 2.06.10 came out

I performed the 2 step upgrade, via the download method and I had NO VIDEOS on the internal 1TB hard drive!!

I checked the drive and it showed I had 486 Free out of 930GB total.

My files were still there, they were not seen when I select VIDEO and Local Storage, then internal storage.

When upgraded to 2.06.10 you should just select “Clear media library” from Setup → System menu and your movies will show up again.

This is happening to me too and keeps reoccurring after adding new content to the internal drive over the network.

I simply don’t have the patience to reset my Media Library every time I add a single file.

This is a bug and needs to be fixed ASAP. Twonky isn’t having this issue nor is the underlying OS on the Hub since files are visible over network shares; only the Hub’s media library is messing up.

-update-

Ok, tried resetting the Media Library as suggested.  This had the unexpected consequence of removing all my Dashboard favourites (not just removing the ones I added but also restoring ones I purposely deleted, such as Blockbuster).  So that’s annoying.

Also, it’s showing zero new files on the Videos tab, which makes no sense if it’s just compiled the Media Library from scratch.  

On the plus side, all my videos are once again selectable within the Hub’s media library.

Will report back on what happens when I add more content.  :)

I’m having the exact same problem… please fix this or tell us what to do.

This is very annoying, I have to transfer my files with an 8 gb usb stick, because the Hub doesn’t recognizes my EHDD anymore, so every time I transfer a movie, my list is reduced from 200 to 140 or whatever and I have to reset to factory settings. 

Very disturbing problem, PLEASE HELP.