Can a full erase solve hdd errors?

dear guys,

I am trying to recover a 3tb hd drive, originally part of a MyBookLive product, to use as an internal storage unit for my pc.

Now, as you can see from the picture below, the drive shows some errors and is only partially recognised from the W10 system.

I’ve just started a full erase process and my question simply is: can a full erase process recover my drive or do I have to accept the idea of buying a new one?

It’s taking really long: estimated time remaining 540 hours … but that’s ok as long as it works in the end …

thanks

If you wish to recover data from that 3TB hard drive then you must need the help of a reliable data recovery software. Erasing the drive may lead to permanent loss of your data and make it unrecoverable.

So, I suggest you to try a trustworthy data recovery software such as Stellar data recovery to recover data from that drive and once you are done with the recovery then use 3rd party data erasure software such as BitRaser File Eraser to completely wipe the drive and make it reusable.