Calibre OPDS

Hi All,

I have an extensive E-Book library sat on my cloud at the moment just as a backup. What I’d like to do is somehow allow my partner to access this using her Android tablet and get her own books, maybe using Calibre Companion or similar.

What I wondered was if anyone had got this https://github.com/seblucas/cops/wiki installed on their mycloud and would it serve my purpose ?

Thanks

Hello,

I haven’t seen any users talking about this.

Let’s see if we can get any information about it.

I will follow this thread. I would love to have this too.

Since COPS can be installed to Synology (DSM 5 or DSM 6) one could follow the unofficial methods of installing clean Debian/DSM to their My Cloud and then installing COPS per that GitHub site’s directions. Note that the following discussions are not supported by WD and performing the actions discussed may void your My Cloud warranty and potentially brick (render unusable) your My Cloud. See the following Search link for discussions on DSM.

https://community.wd.com/search?q=dsm%20category%3A105

But I do not want to ruin my mycloud :wink:
So i would like to install it on mycloud

Hi all, I made a app to easy install cops some time ago, but I didn’t made it public because: “nobody will use this…”. Anyway… put your calibre library (the folder with the metadata.db) in the Public share and name it “calibre”, then install cops app:
cops for wdmycloud 1.0.1

I hope this helps, salud.

1 Like

Is this for the mycloud single bay 1st gen? Because i see that you own a wd ex2.

It’s for single bay 2nd gen. Following @Fox_exe instructions here: WD MyCloud Gen2 - Enable apps install tab + Apps!

Okay. Thanks. Not for me tho. I have a single bay 1st gen.

Officially the single bay/single drive My Cloud does not support adding third party modules. As such any method to add any unofficial app has the potential, how ever remote, to “ruin” the My Cloud. Fortunately there are a number of unbricking methods to recover a bricked My Cloud.

Any chance someone could do this app for 1st generation ?

Bennor, I know. thanks for pointing that out. But I want to keep my mycloud as standard as possible.

You may want to keep your My Cloud as standard as possible but you are asking for or are seeking an unofficial modification or an unofficial feature, that to accomplish what you seek will require you to change your My Cloud, at the very least using SSH, so its no longer standard.

Hi, just wondered if anyone could make this avaliable for the 1st Generation My Cloud ?

Thanks

Great! This is just what I want. Thanks for your work.

Previously, I asked how to change the library name. Now I found myself do nothing wrong just lack enough patience.

To sum up, if you want to use your own calibre library name:

1. edit config_local.php file:

$config[‘calibre_directory’] = ‘/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Public/yourname/’;

2. make sure /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Public/yourname/metadata.db exsist
  3. wait, at first it would warn File /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Public/calibre/metadata.db not found, Please check something like that. But wait for the modification taking effects, every thing will work well!

I think you can assign another path in this way either.

But here’s a little problem : I want to change the default calibre directory to Books , so I edit config_local.php file:

$config[‘calibre_directory’] = ‘/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Public/Books/’;

It doesn’t work and warning:

Check if Calibre database file exists and is readable
File /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Public/calibre/metadata.db not found, Please check

It seem the modification has no influence…

How can I change the library name?

Bump

Sorted

Does anyone knows, how this app can be made compatible to a MyCloud EX2 Ultra Device?

The calibre Content server exposes your calibre libraries over the internet. You can specify the path to the library folders as arguments to calibre-server .