Bug v.1.02.21...Subtitle Positioning Killer Bug


#1

Try to use the Down-Arrow to adust a subtitle of the type ‘sub/idx’ …and let me know what happens.

It works fine for .srt subfiles…but other wise…the player goes crazy and a power recycle is needed.

This product is simply amazing, but it looks like the company is not willing to keep it alive by a small investment hike in the quality of the code writers it employs.


#2

Of course nothing happens since idx/subs are bitmaps the size of the whole screen.


#3

So what if they are bitmaps? So are DVD subtitles, and there are now many DVD/BD players that can move them just fine. I also consider it a bug, or atleast a feature in need of improving.


#4

Beorn wrote:

So what if they are bitmaps? So are DVD subtitles, and there are now many DVD/BD players that can move them just fine.

Really? Tthe DVD players I’ve seen so far only move SRT subs (text) and not idx/sub (bitmap).

Beorn wrote:

I also consider it a bug, or atleast a feature in need of improving.

Post a request in the ideas section then.


#5

I used the example DVD subtitles, and they are all bitmaps. There are no text subtitles on a DVD.

Philips BDP3000 is one cheap example that can move subs on DVD and BD.

I’m starting to see the problem with this forum, no organisation or company precense.


#6

Beorn wrote:

I used the example DVD subtitles, and they are all bitmaps. There are no text subtitles on a DVD.

 

Philips BDP3000 is one cheap example that can move subs on DVD and BD.

 

I’m starting to see the problem with this forum, no organisation or company precense.

No problem, the answer is in the word ‘community’. Its manned mainly by fellow users. If you have a problem call WD support or post the Bug / idea on the ideas board and if you really lucky it just be fixed / implemented. A fellow user.


#7


#8

Beorn wrote:

I’m starting to see the problem with this forum

Me too, with users posting to the wrong forums and all that. I love my Adblock though…


#9

you can use Subtile Creator to adjust the subtitle to the right place beforing playing the movie. Unfortuntely, SC is just supported for DVD resolution. Does anybody know a program that support HD anyway? 


#10

BDSup2Sub.


#11

thank you for reply, can’t wait to try it out!


#12

I should have made my self more clear when i posted this bug. First…i stopped using any intermediate software a long time ago. I now simply download my media to an iMac…stream it to a WD Live unit…watch it on my Bravia+Krell setup.

Second…I would not have considered this a killer bug if it did not result in freezing the device and requireing a power recycle.  Software wise…it should be really simple to bypass the down arrow in case of a ‘sub/idx’ subtitle file…that is instead of sending the whole process into a freez.