BUG: MKV & MP4 video Files with OGG Vorbis Audio causes loud crackling sound

Bump!

Any news on this?

The problem still exists in the new firmware 2.04.13… I had good hopes… as WD did a lot of changes to the Audio code on this release… But Alas! the loud cracking noise still exists…:angry:

Oh! well… Some day perhaps… 

Does WD ever plan of fixing this? I have the WD Live Hub and I was hoping they would have fixed it this time around, but still nothing. Every time I play a MKV file with Vorbis audio it plays those annoying cracking sounds and about 5-10 minutes later it goes out of sync and I have to stop and resume the video. MKV’s often have Vorbis audio, so it’s a real pain to listen to. Besides editing the file is there a simple way to fix this?

Enigma316 wrote:

Does WD ever plan of fixing this? I have the WD Live Hub and I was hoping they would have fixed it this time around, but still nothing. Every time I play a MKV file with Vorbis audio it plays those annoying cracking sounds and about 5-10 minutes later it goes out of sync and I have to stop and resume the video. MKV’s often have Vorbis audio, so it’s a real pain to listen to. Besides editing the file is there a simple way to fix this?

Probably not as they never claimed to support that combination of container/codec.

VORBIS is only supported as an audio codec in an OGG container. Read the manual.