Bug: Internet connection issue (103.22 prerelease)

Problem:

No videos play neither Mediafly or Youtube - the ‘spinning wheel’ just keeps spinning. No feeds, be it video or audio will start playing.

Is there connection to the internet?

Yes, the network test in settings says everything is ok, and the subjects and titles for the media are still being fetched and displayed in the WDTV Live media browser.

Workaround: Factory reset - all feeds now play as soon as a reset has been done.

Comment:

Another user who experienced this problem said it happened right after he had searched on Youtube and thought it might be related - but in my case i just switched the box on this morning and had this problem (it had worked fine in the evening before)

Does it happen a lot?

We shall see, so far it has only happened once.

whattheheck wrote:

Problem:

No videos play neither Mediafly or Youtube - the ‘spinning wheel’ just keeps spinning. No feeds, be it video or audio will start playing.

Is there connection to the internet?

Yes, the network test in settings says everything is ok, and the subjects and titles for the media are still being fetched and displayed in the WDTV Live media browser.

Workaround: Factory reset - all feeds now play as soon as a reset has been done.

Comment:

Another user who experienced this problem said it happened right after he had searched on Youtube and thought it might be related - but in my case i just switched the box on this morning and had this problem (it had worked fine in the evening before)

Does it happen a lot?

We shall see, so far it has only happened once.

You must have read the standard thing to do after a firmware upgrade.

reset, reset to defaults, power off for some minutes.

richUK wrote:

You must have read the standard thing to do after a firmware upgrade.

reset, reset to defaults, power off for some minutes.

Yeah, I’ve read about people who claim to have been abducted in UFO’s as well. Still a bug.