Bug in spotify on latest firmware? (1.08.17)

I’m using the WD Tv Live Streaming Media Player

Firmware: 1.08.17

Before the firmware update I had no problems but now when I open Spotify and go to my playlist. All of my playlists are empty except for one which consists of a hundred times one song. Although I think it’s a good song I did not fill a whole playlist with it :wink: When I open Spotify on my PC or on my mobile my playlists are fine. I have already deleted and created my Spotify account again with no effect.

Is this a bug or can I do something about it? If it’s a bug please fix it soon because it’s beside movies the main thing I use it for.

i got the same issue, nothing listed when showing playlists

I also have this issue. Has anyone found a workaround/resolved it yet? Tried a complete reset but it made no difference so don’t waste your time on that!

Same problem here. Although it did work with the latest firmware up until yesterday. I guess Spotify has made changes.

Just did a firmware downgrade. Made no difference at all. Must be a spotify bug rather than wd. 

Ok, good to know.

Let’s hope that either WD or Spotify will fix this soon.

This has been going on all week now, and no solution, or any word from either WD or Spotify on the issue, which is affecting a lot of their customers.,

For me this happened with the old firmware, and also with this week’s firmware update.

WD are showing a lack of interest, and although I’ve contacted Spotify support, I have not yet had a reply.

Come on, Spotify, and WD, talk to each other and SORT THIS OUT QUICKLY FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS!!! 

I cant help wondering if anyone from WD actually reads what is going on in these forums - HELLO-O-O???

WD reads this forum, I’m sure. The problem is that they just don’t give a f***. Don’t expect them to fix it. A week is nothing. Other bugs have persisted since last year, without any indication that they are even considering a fix.

We can’t even look forward to the next firmware, because it will only introduce a ton of other bugs. 

I don’t know how or why but it’s working again here.

Let’s hope it stays this way :slight_smile:

frzfrz wrote:

I’m using the WD Tv Live Streaming Media Player

Firmware: 1.08.17

Before the firmware update I had no problems but now when I open Spotify and go to my playlist. All of my playlists are empty except for one which consists of a hundred times one song. Although I think it’s a good song I did not fill a whole playlist with it :wink: When I open Spotify on my PC or on my mobile my playlists are fine. I have already deleted and created my Spotify account again with no effect.

Is this a bug or can I do something about it? If it’s a bug please fix it soon because it’s beside movies the main thing I use it for.

Thanks for reporting this issue.  We will work with Spotify to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Problem also fixed on my device! Phoned WD earlier they told me to downgrade to very first firmware, but it didnt work. Just tried upgrading to 1.08.17 there now and everything is as it should be. HAPPY DAYS!

lambrini-kid wrote:

Problem also fixed on my device! Phoned WD earlier they told me to downgrade to very first firmware, but it didnt work. Just tried upgrading to 1.08.17 there now and everything is as it should be. HAPPY DAYS!

This issue is resolved for me too.

I will continue to monitor, but it looks like a server side issue possibly.