[BUG] File sharing modifies Twonky settings

Having used the ‘share file with other user’ facility using the Mobile app (and the mycloud.com portal), I found that my Twonky Sharing settings had been modified. I had Twonky carefully set up to access my private /Media share, with distinct subfolders for Music, Pictures and Videos.

Having shared a file, I found that the Twonky share setting had been reduced to a single entry, at /Media, of 'All Media Types'.

Whilst sorting the mess out using the Twonky UI, I used the ‘browse’ facility to select the media folders. I found that I was offered the file I had shared, although this wasn’t in that file hierarchy at all.

Having spent an hour figuring out what had happened, and sorting it out, I managed to play the relaxing music I wanted to go to sleep. I was less than relaxed by that time, being mightily fed up with WD’s useless software products once again.

So, this evening, I went to remove the share, as it has now served its purpose. I did this using the mobile app, local to my network.

I immediately went back to the Twonky UI, and, just as I expected, the Sharing settings had been changed to the single entry to my root Media share.

THERE IS NO REASON WHY FILE SHARING SHOULD HAVE ANY EFFECT ON TWONKY. THEY ARE ENTIRELY DISTINCT FUNCTIONS.

@Bill_S @SBrown please pass this bug report to your development team. A fix ASAP would be appreciated. Don’t pass me to Support; this is a very reproducible bug: go reproduce it, and fix it.

The Twonky DLNA Media Server is licensed and included on My Cloud devices as a media server. Twonky itself, the Twonky UI and the configuration of Twonky is not supported by us as a feature of the My Cloud product line.

For heaven’s sake, Bill, listen to yourself. On the one hand you say Twonky is part of your product, but on the other hand you say it’s not supported. That’s just illogical, and a pathetic cop-out. Twonky is an ADVERTISED FEATURE of your product. Man up and support it/integrate it properly.

Your system destroys the settings created BY YOUR SYSTEM. There is no sane reason why sharing a file with someone should affect the Twonky server in any way; they are not related functions.

Twonky may be part of our product, but it is a 3rd party software. We don’t provide support for third party products or software. Nevertheless, we did notify product people of the issue.