Brand new WDtv live hub, with up to date firmware, freezing

hi

like i said, i own a brand new WDtv live hub, and i’ve been using it for two days, it has the very last firmware, and since two days, it has already frozen twice, so i have to unplug it…

it’s not plugged to a network, and there’s no drive either plugged in it (it has around 500Gb of MKVs on it),so nothing is plugged, but it freezes anyway.

one time, after a pause in a movie

a second time, after the end of the movie when going back to menu.

any idea where this could come from?

should i say that i had the misfortune to plug a 3Tb HDD on it at first, and it messed it up… so i had to hard reset it, and update firmware… so i don’t know if it can be due to the 3Tb disk i plugged, but if it is, i don’t see what more then hard reset and firmware update i could do…

I never had any issue with my WDtv live hd and so i was thrusty about WD products, but i’m starting to worry about this one…

please help

The Live Hub doesn not support drives larger than 2tb, but that should not have caused any issue. When I plugged my 3tb drive into my Hub it simply told me it was not supported. I’m using it as a network share, instead, and it works fine with the Live Hub.

well

in my case, i have not had any error message, the led kept on blinking, then after that, it did not detect neither the usb key with the update firmware, nor any HDD smaller than 2Gb, i had to hard reset it, so it could see the usb key with the new firmware, then update, then it detected my 2Tb HDD, and i copied about 500gb of movies on it, but now it doesn’t see a simple small 2.5 inches 300Gb external hdd…

is my model **bleep**ed up and should i send it back to get a new one?

Hello,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email, if the device is defective they will begin the replacement process immediately.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

well i’ll do that if it crashes again, i’ll wait and see before…

however,i’ve had other issues, like, when pluggin a small 300Gb external hdd, (with lots and lots of stuffs on it), the WDTV live took 10 minutes to detect the hdd, but if i give up before it’s done, even after turning the hub off, it won’t detect any disk anymore until i unplug it. so i hope for a firmware update to be released soon as i’m starting to think that maybe this hardware was released on the market a bit too early…