Brand New WD TV Live Media Player doesn't show MKV

I just got this brand new WD TV LIVE Streaming Media Player from my son for my birthday, and When I installed it, it had three files that were Mpeg2, in My Videos folder, which showed up. So, then I decided to download the same three files but they are MKV type. These do not show up, in My Videos folder. I read that needed VLC Player, and Windows 7 Shark Codecs, which I’ve installed, but no matter what I try, these still don’t show up. What am I doing wrong? I also have turned off my Media Library, and also have rebooted my device several times, and still nothing shows up. :confounded:

How are you connecting to your folder, Network Shares or Media Server? As you were told on your other post if you use Network Shares you should see all your files.

Yes, but it keeps asking for account name and password. Now how should I find these?

Ok, now after researching I think I have this figured out. I found the Network name and the location type and also the password. I just need to enter these and see if I got it working. I have my fingers crossed. :smiley:

CaJazzman wrote:

Yes, but it keeps asking for account name and password. Now how should I find these?

Ok, now after researching I think I have this figured out. I found the Network name and the location type and also the password. I just need to enter these and see if I got it working. I have my fingers crossed. :smiley:

Have you got a account name and password if not you just use the default values in the box that comes up.

Well, after trying the default settings when I tried to access, the Network sharing, I was unable to access at all. So, then, I asked around, and I was lead to a software, called, PS3 Media Server, and after just a few mintues, of downloading and installing, and then allowing just the three folders to be accessed, I now have my WD TV Streaming Media Player working great. I also found that many with Windows 7, were having this same issue, but after they did the same, they too, have a great working device. Thanks to all who tried to help out. :smiley: