Brand New PC Build, can't find storage drive

Hi,

Just finished building my new PC and I can’t seem to be able to access my storage drive in windows. Installed Windows 7 64-bit onto a 64g SSD (Crucial M4 CTO64M4SSD) no problem. But my WD1502FAEX 1.5tb refuses to show up as a drive with a letter. I can see it in the device manager, doesn’t seem to have a problem there, but it won’t show up in ‘My computer’ and I cannot save anything to it. What am I doing wrong? Mother board is Asus P8P67 Deluxe (rev 3.0). SSD is plugged into sata_1, WD in sata_2, both are SATA III with a Marvell controller (if it matters), both set to AHCI. I’ve been tinkering for a few hours to no avail, am I supposed to format it? It’s 2012 we don’t still need to format HD’s do we? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance folks!

if the drive is empty, it seems that you need for format  the drive in the disk management tool

Cheers mate! You made my day. I knew it was something stupid, namely me. I can see why youre a “Trusted Contributor”. Keep up the awesome.!