Bought WDS100T2X0C in June and already down to 89% life remaining?

Bought WDS100T2X0C in June and already down to 89% life remaining?

This is only 5 months in… Isn’t the MTBF at 1,750,000 hours?

Life remaining is based on NAND write cycles. IIRC, the WDS100T2X0C is rated at 600TBW (600 terabytes written).

So if you’re beating the snot out of the drive, yeah, I can see how it’d consume 11% of its life in five months.

MTBF of the device doesn’t take into account NAND wear.

Thanks for your answer.

I do not beat it at all, I imaged it twice as it failed at one point, I have occasional BSOD that seems to be related to the drive and at one point had to reinstall everything… I have one of those motherboard with the M.2 slot right under the GPU (Gigabyte board) and it seems to affect the drive in a bad way.

The worst is when I use my Oculus Rift, It will BSOD within 5 minutes with the message Critical Process Died.
I feel like I may have a faulty unit but I might try to buy a pcie adapter card to see if that would help, for now I put a 120mm fan blowing straight on it and it also have the heatsink on.

When trying to use WD SSD Dashboard for diagnostics the app just hangs and needs to be killed, if I try to do a smart test I get that my controller is not able to… AMD issue I guess.