Both Disks Bad?

Hi all,

I’ve got a 6TB MyCloud Mirror Gen2, OS 5.19.117, purchased and put to work about 5 years ago.

One disk started showing bad about a month ago and I was just getting around to looking into the problem and sourcing another disk. Literally when I was poking around the device and the dashboard to find the specs I needed to match to, the 2nd disk went bad and the whole RAID Volume failed .

I can still access the dashboard and on the Storage page, it shows Disk Health as bad and Drive 1 and 2 as bad.

I’m wondering if someone could just confirm the obvious, have both drives have failed and the data is lost?

Is it possible I somehow contributed to the 2nd disk going bad in rebooting the MyCloud when searching for specs? It’s seems like one heck of a coincidence that the 2nd drive failed while I was in the middle of troubleshooting.

I’ve got most of the data backed up on a third desktop drive and have already ordered a new EX2 ultra.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @chrijodo,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask