Boot TImes Different? Plus vs Non Plus?

I am a owner of the WD Live TV HD and the Plus version.  One big plus is with the regular Live HD it booted up quick like in 15 seconds.  The Plus version however takes about 40 seconds to boot.  Anyone else see this?  Is it an issue?  It starts the boot up with the WD Live HD Plus with the WD logo for a while then black/blue screen and then the media bar.  Just wondering what you guys have seen.  

I am running with wired ethernet, and composite to my tv.  both the plus and regular were hooked up the same.

This is a new “feature” they have added. Source

Bill_S wrote:

Actually, the reason it takes longer is because the Live Plus is completely powering off.  The Live doesn’t completely power off, and it was causing power to continue to any external drives connected.  This was causing issues with external drives not being able to go into sleep mode, or to power off.  So, now, the Live Plus boots up when you turn it on, and it does take longer to come up than the Live does.

• *> * * *
      Guy_K wrote:

All WDTVs (Live Plus, Live, and Gen 2) manufactured now completely shut off like this. It’s an EuP compliance requirement. There is no workaround - it simply takes longer to boot up than it does to wake up from standby. The firmware with DVD nav takes about ten seconds longer to boot up than firmware without it because there are many new modules that have to be loaded.

1 Like

Thanks!! Too bad WD didnt bump up the horsepower to get it booted up asap.