Blurred Images on Sony Blu Ray Players

Hi,

I am looking for some assistance here. I have two Sony Blu Ray Players, BDP-S6500 and a BDP-S3500. Both of which show images as blurry when streamed to the device from my 4TB MyCloud. I can access the same photos on other devices such as my TV, phone etc. with no issues but the two Sony products are affected.

I have another WD NAS, a MyBook Live and I have placed the same photos on that and they are viewed correctly on the Sony players and are not blurred. I have logged into Twonky and tried to replicate the media receivers setting from the MyBookLive to that of what is on the MyCloud with no success.

Furthermore, I have noticed in the Twonky settings for the troublesome MyCloud the Sony players get added twice.

Can anyone please advise what settings the Sony players should be on in the Media Receivers setting as I am pulling my hair out. Thanks

Reuploading images with Mac addresses removed.

Hello,

I won’t be able to test that as I don’t have those receivers. Is this happening with all the photos or specific formats?

Let’s see if any of the users can share some information about it.

Thanks for the reply. I have multiple folders with jpg images in them. 2 of the folders that have higher res photos are the ones that come out blurry. I dont think it has anything to do with the actual file type but the resolution which I have seen others have problems with for the Synology devices and Sony players. The photos are HD but come through blurry.

Blurred photos are due to the specification of the image output device in the media receiver configuration file you have selected.

See ‘Q. How can I get Twonky to provide full size artwork to media-playing clients?’ in the FAQ:

Thanks for the reply. I have no doubt that it has something to do with the media receiver selected. I have tried generic media receiver and also Sony Blu Ray to no avail. I was more reaching out to see if anyone else had a similar issue and could provide information on the receiver that they selected to resolve the problem.

So I have donwloaded putty and am logged into my WD My Cloud. Can you help me with the commands to access the Sony Blu-Ray Player xml so I can edit it?

Sorry for the noob question but I dont really know about the paths or commands.

Thank you in advance.

Did you read the FAQ Q I linked to?

There’s a link on there to a discussion on the twonkyforum discussing how to set resolutions.

I’ve not modified any device definitions, as mine are okay, and I haven’t looked to see what devices are where; you’ll have to have a dig around yourself.

If you’re not familiar with Linux command line commands or editors, you may want to try WinSCP rather than PuTTY, as this provides a more ‘file manager’ access to the MyCloud.

Either that or look for a tutorial on the basics of Linux command line directory navigation and file editing… (ls, pwd & cd for basic navigation, vi or nano for editing).

I’m assuming you are using a Gen1/v4 firmware device, where the Twonky installation is in the locations in the FAQ: I don’t have a Gen2/v2 device to experiment with.

I thought blu ray players spit out high quality visuals