Bluray player recognizes My Book 8tb, but shows mostly empty folders

Just bought a My Book 8tb for my movie collection.
My Samsung bluray player recognizes (and plays) part of the MKV files,
but a lot of folders show up empty.
There are even some folders saying “last modified 01-01-1970”. When I try to open one of those
it just sends me back to main menu.
The My Book works fine when connected to my PC. No errors at all. What’s wrong?

I am thinking the whole collection has not been cataloged by the new drive. Give it necessary time to do so.

Not sure what you mean. The hard drive contains folders, the folders contain MKV files.
All of it has been copied from a 2tb hard drive, without alterations or modifications. Same amount of folders, same amount of files, same amount of bytes. Just copied it.
The 2 tb drive worked perfectly (and still does).

Sounds like a question for Samsung.

To paraphrase Freud, “A drive is just a drive.” It’s up to Samsung to figure out how to make it work.

I contacted Samsung. They didn’t have a clue.

What I meant is when a lot of data is copied from one point to another it takes a while for the new disk to build a database of the new material so it can display it all. Anyway, this has likely taken place by now since the PC can see data fine. Agree, it apparently is an issue with the BD player…

Ask Samsung to transfer you to the next level of support when the first level did not have a clue.

Solved. I never noticed the hard drive came with exfat file system.
Formatted to NTFS and now everyting is hunky dory.
Thanks to mike27oct and TonyPh12345 for the input.

Yes, WD formats a lot of their drives as exFAT so they work with both PCs and Macs. Obviously,cblu-ray player works only with NTFS. Good to know next time this issue comes up.